Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That Ye May Profit Thereby

Mosiah 1:7 "And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search [the scriptures] diligently, that ye may profit thereby."

For a long time, my purpose for scripture reading was to make a mark on a check-list. If I opened up the  Book of Mormon every night and read at least one verse, I figured I was doing good enough.

Being in the One Verse Club is not enough to make improvement. Perhaps diligently studying a single verse could lead to enlightenment, but simply reading to read is not going to accomplish anything. We have been instructed to search the scriptures diligently, not look at them casually.

Search the scriptures that ye may profit thereby, or glance at a verse that ye may remain in mediocrity. It's up to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment